Tuesday 28 May 2013

I chose this picture to go with this poem because it makes me think of the thin line between what's wanted short term and what's needed long term. For instance, all living things depend on light and water to survive. But too much light and the colour of the petals are impaired. Too much water and the stem begins to curve, the flower drowns.

To me, it symbolised the trap that's so easy to fall into. Finding the balance between acting on impulse and thinking about the repercussions that are sure to follow.

Would I still want you if I could have you,
Is it your silence that draws me in?
The mystery that seems to cloud you,
Makes me second guess; everything.

Phrases I would have said before-
Sentences that didn't need thought.
Sound different when secrets hit the floor,
And we've unveiled what we sought.

But now, over thinking actions,
Without uttering a single word.
Leaves me craving satisfaction,
With no idea how to make it curb.






No comments:

Post a Comment