Wednesday 8 August 2012

Before Boomtown...

Annoyingly insomnia has hit me before Boomtown. No sleep for Ngaio pre weekend of messines...this can only end well!
As I have some time to spare thought I'd share my latest cooking escapade which was making eclair's for Clare's birthday. Never made before, no idea how they were supposed to work...but Jonno dared me so I couldn't say no.














Made the recipe from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolate_clairs_03600 and followed the recipe like my life depended on it...but sadly they didn't come out quite as planned...

I was proud of the creme patisserie (which I made from scratch), and rather enjoyed the tense filled moments desperately trying to prevent the mixture from turning into scrambled eggs, but the dough mixture was a little too dense so they didn't rise properly which made filling them a bit of a challenge... Though never one to waste, they turned into mock eclair biscuits... and Clare liked them so everyone's a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment