Saturday 14 September 2013

Still alive...

I can't believe how long it's been since my last entry...well actually I can what with not writing one and all. I've been busy bee'ing around teaching, writing, and planning my upcoming adventure (heading off to Peru with a one way ticket, no biggie) so life has sped past at an alarming rate.

While its still fresh in my mind I want to publicly thank A.C.E for getting me on board with the Discovering and Uncovering projects which have been truly life changing. Having worked in hospitality for the past 2 years or so I was beginning to feel very jaded about life and people as a whole. Working with a banterous staff team, catching jokes whilst mentoring some of the most talented young people in Bristol today has been wicked. Not only has it made me more confident in my skills as a musician, it has also inspired me to carry on developing and making music. It can be difficult in this business to stop yourself wondering "what's the point?". When progression isn't easily measured it can start to feel like you haven't achieved anything, but just seeing the passion in the people I've been blessed working with has given me back my mojo. Hello life, loving you again.

Here's a video from one of the Uncovering groups, check the Bristol talent:




It's crazy how many wicked opportunities have started popping up. Obviously a month before I fly to the other side of the world I start meeting interesting people. That's the way life goes though really, soon as you make a massive change all things you thought life was lacking before start appearing. It's good though, to get mini confidence boosts in almost every aspect, now I'm even more excited to embark on my little adventure. It's encouraging to think I've left behind a life I enjoy, that I can come back to.

Anyway, short and sweet one today as I have revision to be getting on with. So annoying saying that when all my uni friends have just finished their degree's.... Pssh whatever, I'm carrying on my studies in South America bitches - KAPOW!!!!

Here's a little something from me before I go xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment